Solar post cap lights feature an upright and slim profile which is perfect for driveways, pathways, garden and other places that need specific parameters to move around. Usually, the light fixtures come with an internal bulb that is protected by a frame that offers protection against elements. It is then mounted on a railing, post or fence.
If you want to illuminate a wide area, have these post lights in an elevated position. When you want to lit up all parts of the garden, patio or pool, mount your solar post lights on railings or tall posts. When the areas that you want to light up are compact like outdoor pathways, then perhaps you should install the solar lights on shorter posts.
- 1 Best Solar Post Cap Lights benefits
- 1.1 The landscape becomes attractive
- 1.2 They are less expensive
- 1.3 Uses power from the sun
- 1.4 There are many styles to pick from
- 1.5 Security
- 1.6 Top 5 Best Solar Post Cap Lights
- 1.7 2) Paradise GL23877BK Solar Aluminum LED Post Cap Light 4×4 Wood Posts (Black, 6 Pack)
- 1.7.1 4) GreenLighting (8 Pack) Greenlighting Low Profile LED Solar Post Cap Lights 4 x 4 Wood Posts (White)
- 1.7.2 5) Solar Post Cap Lights 4×4 Plus,Bright 10Lumen Outdoor Warm White LED Lamp For Vinyl Posts Caps 3.5×3.5 4×4 5×5 6×6 Waterproof Deal of The Day Prime Sogrand Copper Lantern For Fence Deck 2 Pack
- 1.8 Things to consider when it comes to buying solar post cap lights
- 2 Conclusion
Best Solar Post Cap Lights benefits
The landscape becomes attractive
When you have a bright light attached to a pole, it adds class to the yard. Having the solar post lights on both side of the walk path or driveway could change how the landscape appears. When you want to illuminate the yard, you can intersperse several of them. You can also have one post which offers a lustrous vigil to your home.
Nothing can be more attractive than a soft graceful lighting from a well-designed home. If you want such a special effect, then you have to get solar post lights. You can find certain solar post light can be bright than others and you can group them if you want more light.
They are less expensive
Solar post cap lights are relatively cheap and can be a perfect alternative to the electrical lamps. Apart from being beautiful and elegant, they are easy to install. No wires are required and therefore, you won’t have to connect wires from the nearest power outlet. You can place them anywhere you want and the sun will keep charging the battery. Most often people don’t need to hire a professional electrician to help them install. You will always find solar post lamps assembled and the remaining part will be easy for anyone.
Uses power from the sun
Solar post cap lights come with a solar panel at the top which absorbs sunlight throughout the day. However, not all solar post lights come with a solar panel attached. The absorbed sunlight is converted and stored in a battery that comes with the lights. During the night, light sensors activate the battery. It relays power to the bulbs which produce light.
Since these lights use sun’s energy, they are eco-friendly. Nowadays most countries encourage the use of renewable resources instead of depending on the electrical grid. When you install solar post cap light, you will be a making a next in ensuring that the environment is kept safe.
There are many styles to pick from
When it comes to the height, you can find posts and rails from 8 feet tall to one foot tall and it can come with different designs. Shorter solar post lights can be placed on outdoor shelves or steps. Picture walking in steps with every other step lit up.
You can also find solar post lights for existing posts. This can be ideal for replacing old outdated or non-working electric lights. The replacement lights can be fitted with rounded base and fasteners when installing on existing posts. The solar post light will help you get rid of the old light fixture.
These post lights can a perfect addition to the home’s security plan. When you have more lights in your home during the night, your home will be safer from burglars and trespassers.
Top 5 Best Solar Post Cap Lights
1) Classy Caps SL086 Prestige Solar 6×6 Post Cap – 6 Pack/Copper
3) GreenLighting Solar Post Cap Light 5×5 PVC Posts w/ Wood Post Adapter (White)
- LED LIGHTS – LED bulbs are the newest trend in lighting and can outlast the life of a compact fluorescent bulb by up to 10 times (even longer for incandescent). Traditional incandescent and CFL bulbs produce heat build-up that tends to overheat the area where they operate. LEDs prevent this excess heat output and result in reduced air conditioning costs.
- SOLAR POWER – These post lights utilize the natural power of the sun to operate. An amorphous solar panel absorbs light during the day and recharges the two 900mAh Ni-MH batteries for use in the dark. This eliminates your need to swap out batteries or install a costly outdoor power system.
- VERSATILE – Add light to almost any post no matter its size or material. With an included adapter each light can be designed to fit virtually wood, PVC, vinyl, or plastic posts between 4 inches and 5 inches in size. Simply snap on the included base adapter and screw it into your post and you’re good to go.
- QUICK INSTALLATION – Stop making your life around the house harder and enjoy how quick and easily you can hook these lights up. Each individual lights include the adapter and parts required to get installed in an instant. Once installed you can relax and enjoy them every night without having to go and turn them on thanks to an auto on/off switch.
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS – Pack includes 6 post cap lights; Each light measures 6″ x 6″ x 4.75″
2) Paradise GL23877BK Solar Aluminum LED Post Cap Light 4×4 Wood Posts (Black, 6 Pack)
- COMPATIBLE – Fits on any standard 4″x4″ wood post
- CRYSTALLINE PANEL – More efficient than amorphous solar panels, charges faster and last longer
- LIGHT SENSOR – Turn ON at dusk and OFF at dawn automatically everyday with the photocell technology
- WEATHERPROOF – Protective frosted plastic lens and durable black finish cast aluminum body are designed to handle the outdoor elements
- INCLUDES – 6 x deck light; 6 x AA Ni-CD rechargeable battery; 1 x user manual. Light measures 5.3″ x 3.74″ x 7.05″
4) GreenLighting (8 Pack) Greenlighting Low Profile LED Solar Post Cap Lights 4 x 4 Wood Posts (White)
- DESIGNED FOR NOMINAL WOOD 4 X 4 POSTS – Bundle includes 8 post cap lights; Each measures 5.75″ x 5.75″ x 2.76″, Base measures 3.63″ x 3.63″. Only fits nominal wood posts; Does not fit vinyl or PVC.
- SOLAR POWERED – These post cap lights utilize the free natural power of the sun to operate. A crystalline solar panel absorbs light during the day and recharges the Ni-CD battery (included) for use in the dark eliminating your need to swap out batteries or install a costly outdoor power system.
- QUICK SET UP – No more going to the store for last minute batteries. With all the items needed to get you going you won’t need to run around to find those last minute parts. Each LED light comes with a (1) AA Ni-CD rechargeable battery and mounting screws.
- LED – Energy efficient lighting is now “in” and for good reason. LED’s take 75% less power to operate compared to traditional incandescent lights while lasting up to 25 times longer. Overall the average life cycle of an LED bulb is rated to be over 100,000 hours!
- DURABLE – GreenLighting takes pride in providing some of the highest quality products in the solar industry. These lights are no different and feature a durable plastic frame and crystalline solar panel that have been designed to handle the outdoor elements for years to come.
5) Solar Post Cap Lights 4×4 Plus,Bright 10Lumen Outdoor Warm White LED Lamp For Vinyl Posts Caps 3.5×3.5 4×4 5×5 6×6 Waterproof Deal of The Day Prime Sogrand Copper Lantern For Fence Deck 2 Pack
Things to consider when it comes to buying solar post cap lights
When you are looking for the best solar post lights for the yard or garden, you will have to remember several factors. Nowadays you can find different designs of solar post lights that are available in the market. How will you find the best one from the rest? Here are the factors to consider;
Durability – what material is used to make the solar post lights? Some of these post lights can seem to have a metal finish but they are made of plastic. Some are made from stainless steel material. Material like stainless steel can last longer than other materials.
Budget – you should go for those solar post lights that are made of metal. Such post lights are resilient.
Weatherproof – consider solar post lights that are weatherproof. It should withstand all the harshest weather conditions.
After we have seen the benefits of installing solar post lights, at least you have known that you can save a huge amount of money. You can also save a lot of energy. All you have to do is install solar post lights in your business premises or home.
Installation is easy since you won’t have to connect electrical wires unlike when installing electrical lamps. You just have to mount the lights on the post. Nothing is required after that since the sun will keep charging the inbuilt batteries. Lights will also be turned on automatically. The stored energy will then be used to illuminate your garden or driveway. But when looking for the best solar post cap lights, make sure that you choose the brand made of durable materials and good quality. Ensure that they can withstand all the weather.
The best solar post cap light are fairly affordable and extremely handy. They are also eco-friendly. It can help in reducing the cost of electricity. You have to know that solar post lights come in many different designs and different prices and if you have never bought one before, it can be difficult for you to get the perfect one for you.