Everyone wants their homes to be welcoming to our friends, loved ones, and neighbors. For them to be safe, it’s worth installing walkway lighting. The lighting will guide anyone when they come to your home.
Nowadays you can quickly do that. You don’t even need to have an electrical engineering degree. You can get a wide variety of inexpensive fixtures installation is foolproof.
Solar path lights don’t require outlets or wiring. This makes outdoor lighting simpler. Also, they are powered by the sun, and you can save a significant amount of money. Having the best solar path lights help in avoiding accidental falls as well as increase the curbside appeal of your home.
Solar powered path lights offer less light as compared to electrical lights. To address this, they need to be placed close to each other. You can also have the lights in different directions and orientations.
- 0.1 Brightness factor
- 0.2 Classic verses modern aesthetic
- 0.3 Places to put solar path lights
- 0.4 Selecting the best solar path light
- 0.5 Top 5 best solar path lights on the market
- 0.6 2) Sumaote Solar Path Torch Lights 96 LED Dancing Flame Lighting Flickering Tiki Torch Waterproof Wireless Outdoor Landscape Lights Dusk to Dawn Auto On/Off for Garden Patio Yard Driveway Pathway, 2 Pack
- 0.7 3) TomCare Solar Lights, Waterproof Flickering Flames Torches Lights Outdoor Solar Spotlights Landscape Decoration Lighting Dusk to Dawn Auto On/Off Security Torch Light for Patio Deck Driveway (4)
- 0.8 4) GIGALUMI Outdoor Solar Lights, Glass and Powder Coated Cast Aluminum Metal Path Lights, High Lumen Output per LED, Easy No Wire Installation, Outdoor All Weather Bronze-4 Pack
- 0.9 Benefits of installing solar path lights
- 0.10 Where you can buy solar path lights
- 0.11 Which are the best solar path lights
- 1 Conclusion
Different people require solar path lights for various reasons. If you consider brightness to be a priority, then look for the ones that generate 15 and 30 lumens. Such lights can illuminate your path for your guest and yourself.
Classic verses modern aesthetic
Brightness and illumination might not be a priority when selecting the best solar pathway lights, but perhaps you want to add aesthetic effect to your pathway. If this is the case, then you can either pick modern or classic look.
Places to put solar path lights
You should understand the landscape layout when installing solar path lights. Avoid places that are cluttered and those that receive less sunlight in the day. If your solar light has to be effective, it needs to be fully charged during the day. If the charge time is reduced, it will affect the running time.
Selecting the best solar path light
Solar lights come in different designs. You can find one that is efficient than another. Others can be cosmetically enhancing than others. You should know the type that you want. Solar path lights do more than just to brighten your pathway. These lights add value to your home by adding curb appeal. However, it depends on several factors like current landscaping. However, each homeowner should decide if they need a safety or want to showcase their beautiful homes.
Subtle homeowners should consider solar lights that downplay the pathway if the lights have to blend. Less lighting offers safety instead of showmanship. Less subtle path lighting, decorative fixtures may create a visually stunning appearance to passers-by and guests.
Top 5 best solar path lights on the market
1) Paradise GL33999 Low Voltage Cast Aluminum 1W Path Light Set (Black)
- EASY – All parts come included and require no tools, making installation a breeze
- POWERFUL – High quality, bright 0.75W LED bulb in each light casts a warm glow on any area you place it in, illuminating and transforming any space
- PROGRAMMABLE – The included 50W transformer is fully programmable, allowing you to set your lights to turn on according to the sun or on a regular timer easily
- WEATHERPROOF – Protective hammered plastic lens and durable UV resistant finish cast aluminum body are designed to handle the outdoor elements
- INCLUDES – 8 x path lights; 1 x 50′ landscape cable; 1 x 50W transformer with photosensor. Light measures 13″ x 5″
2) Sumaote Solar Path Torch Lights 96 LED Dancing Flame Lighting Flickering Tiki Torch Waterproof Wireless Outdoor Landscape Lights Dusk to Dawn Auto On/Off for Garden Patio Yard Driveway Pathway, 2 Pack
- 【Superb Dancing Flames Design】– Consists of 96 LEDs, each LED flickers warm yellow lights, dozens of change of flame, mimicing extremely realistic & natural flames, enjoy the gorgeous dancing flame.
- 【Completely Runs On Solar Power & Energy-saving】– Top-mounted solar panel with daylight sensor, automatic solar power charging, powered by built-in rechargeable battery, no wiring or electric required. The solar spotlights run on solar power, so you can place it almost anywhere.
- 【Weather Resistant】– Comes with level IP65 waterproof and Durable, withstand different kinds of weather like rain, snow, strong wind and so on all around the year.
- 【Long Working Time】– With built-in rechargeable high-capacity 2200mAh battery, it can light up to 8 hours in summer and 5 hours in winter after fully charged. Charging time is about 8-10 hours, and it has a manual on/off button to control the light.
- 【Fit For Various Occasions】– A good choice for places like yard, pathways, garden, patio, bench, fence, deck, pool or outdoor events like party, camping, wedding, barbecue, Christmas etc.
3) TomCare Solar Lights, Waterproof Flickering Flames Torches Lights Outdoor Solar Spotlights Landscape Decoration Lighting Dusk to Dawn Auto On/Off Security Torch Light for Patio Deck Driveway (4)
Prior to first use, charging the light for two sunny days.
If battery capacity reduces over time, switch the light off for 3-5 sunny days in order to boost the batteries.
The TomCare torch light NEVER NEEDS BATTERIES. COMPLETELY RUNS ON SOLAR POWER.
Now you can have the warm torch light without ever having to light a match or throw a switch.
Best of all, there are no dangerous flames — LEDs in the light cast a safe, soft, mood-enhancing glow.
During the daytime, they are retracted, and absorbing solar energy. At dusk, they literally pop up and light up, giving you lights along a pathway, driveway, deck or dock that aren’t in your way during the day. Includes installation hardware, completely wireless. Powered by a lithium ion rechargeable battery that’s solar powered. Up to 12 hours working time after fully charged.
Li-ion battery: 2200mAh
Solar panel: 0.88W, 17% efficiency
Charging Time: 8 hours
Working Time: Up to 12 hours after fully charged
Ambient lighting ideal for your patio, deck or garden
Automatically turns on at dusk and off at dawn
Normal operating time is 12 hours in summer
No wiring required — simply install and enjoy
Eco-friendly solar technology (powered by an integral mono crystalline solar panel)
4 x Solar Torch Lights
4 x Extend Pipe
4 x Plastic Ground Spike
1 x Manual
4) GIGALUMI Outdoor Solar Lights, Glass and Powder Coated Cast Aluminum Metal Path Lights, High Lumen Output per LED, Easy No Wire Installation, Outdoor All Weather Bronze-4 Pack
Solar landscape Light to light up your pathway, for great visibility and decoration.
A Good Outdoor Illumination Choice
This Aluminum Coated Solar Light is bright enough to light up your pathway/ walkway. The beautiful warm white lighting pattern creates very comfortable and romantic atmosphere. With the Highly Transparent Glass Lamp Cover, light has a good illumination effect that is really comfortable and fascinating.
Perfect for patio, garden, lawn, villa, balcony, flowerbed and any outdoor areas.
Set: 4 Pc
Material: Glass & Powder Coated Cast Aluminum Metal
Battery: 1.2V 800mAh Ni-MH AA rechargeable battery
Solar panel: 2V 0.8W
Working time: 10 hours after full charge
4 x GIGALUMI Solar Landscape Lights
5) Hgtv Home 8 Piece Solar Pathway Lights
- Beautiful powder-coated oil rubbed bronze; Crafted in durable stainless steel
- 8 lumens
- perfect for large driveways
Benefits of installing solar path lights
You can get a lot of benefits for installing solar path lights. The main benefits include renewability, convenience, low costs and environmentally friendly.
Cost – if you want to save on electrical cost and retain an exterior lighting, you can invest in solar path lights. They are economical and can last longer. The lights lower maintenance and can be better in the long run.
Convenience – solar path lights offer convenient and dependable lighting. With only one panel, you can charge some lights. The lights have an automatic on and off switch. They are portable since these lights don’t require hanging extension cords or electrical wires.
Environmentally friendly – some other power sources can harm the environment, but solar panels don’t emit carbon or fumes. The process of producing energy doesn’t cause noise pollution or lead to greenhouse gases.
Renewability – sunlight is renewable and free. There can never be price fluctuations or shortages that can influence public consumption. However, there are restrictions when it comes to the amount of sunlight exposure. But with the recent advancement in technology, use of solar power is efficient even during the cloudy days.
Where you can buy solar path lights
Solar path lights are still new in the market, but they can be found in most retail and electronic stores. They are usually found in the garden and home section of the store. When they are not found there, it could be due to seasonal nature. They are available during summer.
Which are the best solar path lights
Selecting the best solar lights can be difficult, and most people end up finalizing their choice on the price. There are good solar path lights you can find. If you are not sure of a given brand, then you need to read product descriptions and reviews.
The best solar path lights should offer security and stability. Their style and bright LEDs provide attractive aesthetic quality and lighting. A good quality solar light should have superior performance, be stable, elegant and efficient.
However, apart from the features and performance, you should consider what can meet your needs. This is because different solar lights are designed for various purposes.
There are many alternatives for outdoor lighting, but the best solar pathway lights are convenient, cost-effective and environmentally. Homeowners who use solar lights can take comfort when they know that they can save a huge amount of money while protecting the environment. They can light up their pathway while attaining the benefits. Instead of putting wires all over the place or lights hanging in your house, get solar path lights as they can fit in different locations in your home and they can be moved anytime you want.
When it comes to picking the best solar path lights, consider your style and the intended mood. However, always remember that safety is still a priority. You can get the best solar path lighting in different retail and electronic stores. However, they are usually available during summer. You can also purchase them on online stores and can be delivered to your home address. Irrespective of the solar path lights that you want, you will always achieve a beautiful effect.