Installing outdoor lighting may be challenging. Apart from the cost of lights, you will want to hire a professional electrician to install it for you.
Solar powered lights are gaining popularity, and more people are turning to it. They are relatively cheap, the installation is easy, and most people can install it, and when you want to change the position, it can be easily relocated. It will also help in saving on electrical cost.
For long, solar lights didn’t emit enough light and most people afforded them for their dim light. Most of them were not reliable. However, this isn’t the case anymore. This started when the filament bulbs were replaced with super bright LEDs. Unlike the ordinary bulbs, light emitting diodes doesn’t generate a lot of heat that will lead to huge loss of power. They are very bright even they consume less electricity. They are reliable. These bulbs are long-lasting, and you won’t have to replace them over and over again.
Apart from the efficiency of LED lights, there has been the development of photovoltaic cells. They are more efficient than before. There have been developments in the circuitry and better batteries. These lights will make your garden look great while at the same time offering security. They can perform for a well even during the winter without affecting the performance.
Table of Contents
- Top rated solar garden lights on the market
- 1) Garden Sunlight C5116 Solar Lighthouse Garden Decor, Gray, Amber LEDs, (35-Inch)
- 2) IMISS Lighting 9.8-Inch LED Solar Garden Lights Outdoor Waterproof
- 3) Solalite Set Of 6 Solar Outdoor Garden Hanging Tree Cornet Cone LED Lights 6 White
- 4) Sunnydaze Solar LED Garden Lighthouse Outdoor Decor, 36 Inch Tall
- 5) Kemeco ST4311AHP 6 LED Cast Aluminum Solar Lamp Post Light with Planter for Outdoor Landscape Pathway Street Patio Garden Yard
- How solar powered garden lights work?
- Where to place solar garden lights
- Solar garden lights aesthetics
Top rated solar garden lights on the market
1) Garden Sunlight C5116 Solar Lighthouse Garden Decor, Gray, Amber LEDs, (35-Inch)
- Solar lighthouse includes four amber colored LEDs. These LEDs provide a warm, inviting glow.
- Garden lighthouse includes two NiCad rechargeable batteries. Batteries are recharged daily by sunlight using the detached solar panel.
- Includes detached 4.5″x3.25″ solar panel with on/off switch and 3ft cord to connect the panel to the lighthouse. Extra cord length allows panel to be placed in the optimal sunny spot in your yard.
- This outdoor lighthouse is perfect for gardens and landscapes. The sun charges the batteries during the day, providing a warm, inviting glow at night.
- The LEDs used in this lighthouse yard decor can last up to 100,000 hours. Lighthouse is CE certified and measures 9″ x 9″ x 35″. Fast and easy to install. No hard wiring needed. Corrosion resistant.
2) IMISS Lighting 9.8-Inch LED Solar Garden Lights Outdoor Waterproof
- Our Advantage: Solar Fence Light,Globe ball Design,Milk White,Dimensions:9.8 x 9.8 x 11.8 inches,6 watts ,Batteries included(4000mA).
- Main Materal:ABS+PC Plastic,The shell is hard and won’t distort,Solar Post Light,IP65 Outdoor waterproof and heatproof,used for Outdoors.
- Solar Energy: Solar power source,no need electricity. (Exposed to the sunlight) Only takes 6-8 hours to fully charge.Working more 24 hours.
- Easy to install:Just three minutes to install, Adapt to Hallways,Deck,Step,Yard,Fence,Patio,Garden,Driveway, School, Hospital and Other Public Places that Require Energy-efficient.
- Attentions:Be sure to be undamaged after receiving the item! Please read the installation instructions before installation，Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions ,we will respond within 24 hours.
3) Solalite Set Of 6 Solar Outdoor Garden Hanging Tree Cornet Cone LED Lights 6 White
- Unique hanging solar garden Lamp with opaque cone lens, designed to hang from tree limbs and branches
- Charges in the day from a solar cell on the top of the Cornet, the lamp automatically turns on at dusk to illuminate trees and gardens
- Each Cornet is powered by a top-mounted solar panel, charging circuit and rechargeable 600mAh NiMH battery (included)
- Packaged with a set of stainless steel decorative hooks designed to enhance and simplify your installation
- Illuminate in Ice White – Cornet Dimensions: 18 x 10cm
4) Sunnydaze Solar LED Garden Lighthouse Outdoor Decor, 36 Inch Tall
- Overall Dimensions: 11 inches wide x 11 inches deep x 36 inches tall; weighs 15 pounds.
- Decorative solar light features a durable resin and metal construction for easy-maintenance.
- Each package includes 4 built-in panels and 4 AA 600 mAh 1.2 V rechargeable batteries, so you can set it up right away.
- Direct sunlight charges the batteries housed beneath the solar panels and will remain lit for up to 4-6 hours into the evening on a full charge. Push-button on/off switch operates the solar light.
- Sunnydaze Decor backs its products with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty for worry-free operation.
5) Kemeco ST4311AHP 6 LED Cast Aluminum Solar Lamp Post Light with Planter for Outdoor Landscape Pathway Street Patio Garden Yard
- Automatic: Turns on automatically at dusk and off at sunrise
- Simple setup: This product is designed for easy assembly. All you need to do is follow the installation guide and build the unit with screws (included) from the bottom up, no wire needed
- Efficient design: 6 high power LEDs, four large solar panels, and the latest Kemeco technology allows the rechargeable battery to reach its maximum capacity providing high-efficient outdoor lighting
- Decorative style: This classic cast-aluminum lamp post, ripple glass and square plastic planter provides not only functional lighting but also attractive decoration for your yard
- Durable and maintenance-free: Rust-resistant cast-aluminum construction, no additional maintenance required
How solar powered garden lights work?
These lights work through the photovoltaic effect. This is the method that the sunlight produces energy in solar cells. The solar cell can convert sunlight into direct current. This cell has several layers. It consists of a chemical which creates positively charged spaces and crystalline silicone. It also includes chemicals that form negatively charged electrons. As the sun passes through the cell, it triggers the electrons which pass through the cells back into positively charged spaces. The charged spaces will then transfer solar energy through the wires connected to the cell.
This sums up a photovoltaic system. Transferring sunlight into energy, have them stored and using them on solar garden lights. The lights will offer security while at the same time showing the beauty of your garden.
At the top of solar garden lights, there is a photovoltaic panel that the lights use. The panel draws sunlight in and charges the battery that comes with the lights. The battery is situated below the panel. The battery is charged throughout the day, and it will be enough to light up the garden path or walkway for the entire night. And the circle repeat itself every day.
Where to place solar garden lights
Solar garden lights may be placed anywhere it can receive sunlight during the day. During landscaping planning, pick a location for solar garden lights where it can get enough sunlight.
If you want your garden lights to last for long and remain effective, ensure that these lights are not placed under a tree or structures that can interfere with exposure to the sun. Consider south exposure. When fully charged, solar garden lights may last for many hours during the summer.
During winter, solar powered garden lights might not receive enough energy, and it might not last through the night. Sunlight hours will be short and nights will be long. It won’t catch up with power consumption. It can even be worse if you live in places where there is snow. The snow will cover the panel, and it can make them ineffective unless cleaned regularly. Perhaps you should store your solar garden lights in places that snow won’t affect them like indoors.
Solar garden lights aesthetics
Solar powered garden lights come in different styles. Some of them have plastic casings while others have to die cast metals. Some offer colored lights while others offer clear lights. Some have a stainless steel look while others have contemporary and country look. People prefer different styles, and you need to consider the type that you need.
When you buy lights that can operate with a separate panel, you can illuminate dark corners. However, such a system has a disadvantage. You will have to bury wires that connect the lights and the panel. The self-contained lights are easy since you just mount your light anywhere you want. However, having a separate panel is good for shady areas. You can have the panel in any place that receives direct sunlight. That way, it will charge the solar lights and illuminate shady areas.
The best solar powered garden lights come with LED light bulbs. The LED lights offer bright, clear and the last longer. They also consume less energy and produce little heat. The batteries used nowadays can hold the charge better than the previous ones.
Solar garden lights provide many decorative options you can pick from. Gardeners can create some effect and look. You can also find solar Christmas lights that use LEDs.
Using solar garden lights eliminate the use of outdoor electrical lights. They offer flexibility when it comes to landscaping. Spare some significant time to plan out your garden if you want to benefit from solar lights. Using solar lights is the best way to add illumination and beauty to your garden.
If you want a new trend this year, consider installing solar lights for your outdoor lighting. The type of gardening lighting is still new, but it has been accepted by most landscape designers and homeowners. The reason is simple: solar garden lights don’t use electrical power. Therefore, they are the most eco-friendly and economical solution. No wires are needed during installation. Installation is simple, and they come in different design and style varieties. This is to ensure that every designer can get what they want.
If you want a reliable outdoor lighting for your garden, then you don’t have to go far when searching. You can quicken the search by narrowing it to solar garden light. You can save a huge amount of money on electrical cost. You can see the significant benefit when used in large scale and when used over a long time. Get yourself one, and you won’t be disappointed.