Solar lights can be useful when it comes to lighting garden path during the night or when you want to decorate your home to look welcoming and bright.
Solar lights charge up when the sun is shining and the stored energy is used at night to light your home. Most solar lights come with solar panels but some have the solar panel separated from the lights. As the solar panel gets bigger, the more the energy is stored resulting in brighter lights. Solar lights come with batteries that last for several years and having them clean is crucial. Residues on the panel should also be removed so that it doesn’t affect charging. The best thing about solar lights is that it gets its power from the sun.
During grey days, charging can be ineffective but it can store a little charge. When fully charged, some solar lights can last up to 10 hours.
- 1 Top 5 Best Outdoor Solar Lights on the market
- 1.1 1) RuggedGrade – 120 Watt LED Wall Pack Light
- 1.2 2) Hyperikon LED Flood Light Reviews – 150W Outdoor Led Flood Light Bulbs
- 1.3 3) ZESOL Solar LED Outdoor Light Motion Sensor
- 1.4 4) Tera Light – URANUS Solar LED Barn Light – Outdoor Solar Lights
- 1.5 5) Gama Sonic GS-98B-W-WB Royal Bulb Lamp Outdoor Solar Light Fixture
- 1.6 Types of bulbs that can be used
- 1.7 What to consider when buying solar lights
- 2 Conclusion
Why solar lights?
These lights have come a long way. In the past, these lights were dim and most people didn’t prefer them. However, today the use LED bulbs which are brighter than most lights. The LED bulbs also release less heat which means that it can run with less energy.
Using solar lights gives you the freedom of choosing where you want to place your lights.
There has been a significant improvement in solar cells which led to more energy being stored even during winter, cloudy and in shady areas. This means that lights can still be on during the night in the winter nights. However, they may not last long enough like during the summer.
Solar lighting may be used with motion detection technology for pathway lighting. It can also be used to light up the pathway, add ambiance to your home or for nighttime hazard detection.
Solar lights offer welcome light while beautifying your home. They offer lights for your patio, walkway, and garden. They are also popular for swimming pools, decks, statues, plant groupings or water features.
Top 5 Best Outdoor Solar Lights on the market
1) RuggedGrade – 120 Watt LED Wall Pack Light
- BETTER DESIGN – DLC came back at 119.7 Lumens to watts! Even better than expected! New Phillips Luxeon SMD 3030 LED modules 120 Lumens per watt – Save even more by using a lower watt unit. Compare the lumens against others. Premium grade components make this an industrial grade LED Wall Pack Light.
- BRIGHT LIGHT – 14,400 Lumens can replace a 600-800W bulbs or 400-500 watt HPS/HID or METAL HALIDE light. 5000K light color ensures a bright clear light.
- BUILT TO LAST – 100,000 LED saves having to replace bulbs- Aluminum Housing with high tech Heat Sink. Better Heat dissipation ensures longer LED life and safety. IP65 Waterproof for all weather conditions. All backed by a 5 year warranty.
- CERTIFIED – UL Listed and DLC verified for safety and rebate eligibility. UL Certified products ensure better quality, safety and reliability. DLC is the Design Lights Consortium for independent verification of performance.
- EASY INSTALLATON & OPTIONAL PHOTOCELL. Unit has 3 conduit entrance locations and a standard circle cutoff in the rear for easy installation. Whether you are retrofitting an old unit or doing new construction, these are easy to use. Dusk to Dawn sensors (Photocells) can be added but are not required.
2) Hyperikon LED Flood Light Reviews – 150W Outdoor Led Flood Light Bulbs
- ✔ 100 LUMENS PER WATT – This high output 150w outdoor flood light has a lumen count of 15,000 and a beam angle of 110 degrees. With super bright 5000K light, these flood lamps are sure to illuminate any yard, garage, warehouse, or storefront.
- ✔ REBATE ELIGIBLE – DLC 4.3 Qualified and ETL-Listed. DLC allows eligibility for state and nationwide rebate programs. Model Number: HyperFL-150W-502, ETL Number: E5000444
- ✔ 45,000 HOURS – Hyperikon LED flood lights have an outstanding life rating of 45,000+ hours, have an operating temperature of -22-140 degrees Fahrenheit and are IP65 rated. These flood luminaires can last 20+ years depending on use, vastly reducing relamp frequency and maintenance costs.
- ✔ 60 INCH CORD LENGTH – This 150W floodlight has ample cord length to make installation that much easier. The LED light fixture also comes with an adjustable Mounting Bracket to allow for multiple mounting options.
- ✔ 5 YEAR WARRANTY – Hyperikon’s hassle-free UNLIMITED 5 Year Warranty is unrivaled in the commercial lighting industry and covers all of our flood lights. Contact our customer service team 24/7!
3) ZESOL Solar LED Outdoor Light Motion Sensor
- Today’s Deals
- All IN ONE SOLAR LIGHTS : Solar panel and LED lights are one piece, which is easy to maintain and safer to use. Entirely solar powered and wireless installation, which can save your cost.
- 3-MODE SETTING:there is a remote control providing convenience use in 15 meteres for multi modes.MODE-1 Turn to 100% brightness keep for 30s once motion detected, 30% brightness when no motion detected;MODE-2 Off mode when no motion detected , Turn to 100% brightness keep for 30s once motion detected;MODE-3 Constant light at 30% bright.
- 30W Solar Dusk to Dawn Outdoor Efficient LED Light is an equivalent of a 250W traditional incandescent bulb.If you’re looking for a solar light for outside,this is wonderful purchase.
- CORDLESS & EASY INSTALLATION: You can mount this all-in-one solar light on a wall or on a pole without any additional wires. The recommended installation height is 10ft-16ft(3-5meters)
4) Tera Light – URANUS Solar LED Barn Light – Outdoor Solar Lights
- Biggest advanced Li-ion Polymer Battery Generation 2.0 with 30%-50% more power 18,000mAh = 9 x 2,000mAh Grade A Rechargeable LONG LIFE BATTERY, has the power to stay on longer and run for years and years as long as it gets enough juice from the Sun. Lithium Ion Battery for best performance.
- Special design for In-door and Out-door usage and IP65 rating compliant, with multi settings based on sunlight conditions. With IP65 Rating without a Motion Senor. Multi stage light intensity adjustment to fit your needs for Room or Barn light, On/Off with remote control, timer, power (juice) 3 step indicator.
- 5,000 Lumen Super Bright Solar Flood Light. 50 Watts of LED floodlight power. Ability to brighten up a Barn, Room, Backyard and parking area.
- A perfect Gift for your Friends and family members, will conserve energy (Off Grid), and can be used almost anywhere!
5) Gama Sonic GS-98B-W-WB Royal Bulb Lamp Outdoor Solar Light Fixture
- PATENT SOLAR TECHNOLOGY – The GS Solar LED Light Bulb is new patented technology that takes the conventional idea of a light bulb and incorporates it into outdoor solar lamps and lamp posts. It boasts a 10-year lifespan and creates the 360° light spread of a customary incandescent bulb.
- AUTOMATIC DUSK TO DAWN LIGHTING – Our Gama Sonic Royal Bulb Solar Wall Lamp is designed to provide dusk-to-dawn performance when its battery gets fully charged during the day. The integrated photocell sensor can detect light and will automatically turn on at dusk and off once the sun comes up.
- NO ELECTRICAL WIRING – No electrical wiring is required for installation, making our exterior solar wall lights easy to install while offering an energy and money-saving alternative to electric or gas-powered outdoor lighting. Just install the solar wall light in a spot with direct sunshine and let the sun do the rest.
- DURABLE AND WEATHER RESISTANT – The monocrystalline silicon solar panels are protected by durable, cleanable tempered glass. This Gama Sonic solar outdoor wall mounted light is also made from rust-resistant cast aluminum with a powder coated weathered bronze finish for long-lasting performance.
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION – No electrical wiring is required for installation, making this solar LED light the perfect light to install while offering an energy and money saving alternative to electric or gas-powered outdoor lighting. Simply place the outdoor wall light where ample sunshine is available.. Dimensions: 9 x 12.5 x 21
Types of bulbs that can be used
You can use any type of light. However, garden solar lights have replaced the bulbs with LED lights. LED lights can even last the entire life of that product. LED lights emit light in a particular direction, unlike fluorescent and incandescent bulbs. LED also produce less heat which reduces the amount of energy used.
The use of LED has increased in popularity because of their effectiveness. They can be found different colors.
Solar light choices – There are a variety of options to select from when it comes to solar lighting. You can choose from the following options;
Garden light accents – these lights are placed in places that you want to create attention. It can be around an arbor or wound in the trees. You can add amazing lights in shapes of flowers, birds or butterflies.
Solar path lights – these lights are used to light up the walkway. It can be used in driveways, garden paths or sidewalks.
Solar spotlights and task lights – spotlights and task lights can be the expensive choices due to brightness and versatility for specific needs. It can be used to light up the pathway but they are usually used for water features, house front lighting, and statuary. They come with a separate solar panel for more usability.
What to consider when buying solar lights
You will need solar lights that can serve the intended use. When you are looking for an extra light that can offer security then consider those that shines light over a large area. If you are looking for pathway lights, then go for the lights that can illuminate the path only.
Brightness – different solar lights have different lumens. The 1-watt bulb can produce 20 lumens. This is a low-level light. You can find solar lights with higher lumen rating. When purchasing solar lights, consider the number of lumens.
A number of lights – you will find solar lights that are sold individually and are meant to be placed in specific areas. You will also find others that are connected in strings and can illuminate long areas such as decks, gardens, parking areas and sidewalks.
Batteries – some lights allow you to change batteries when you need to. This can extend the light’s life for a long time. In other types, you will have to replace the light when it stops operating.
Changeable settings – many solar lights come with one setting. Others have an adjustable setting. This means that solar lights can work during the day. It can be useful when you need more illumination or when you use motion detection in places like workshops or garages.
Range – some solar lights are designed for a shorter range such as those used in garden or pathway. Those designed for long-range includes those used for patios.
Solar lights are of different sizes and types. They can be used for patio, garden, and walkway lighting. They are easy to install, flexible and are of wide variety.
A home with a lot of dark corners should have the best outdoor solar lights. You should go for the durable and affordable option when it comes to outdoor lighting. Since you won’t have to connect to electrical outlets, solar lights are appealing to most people.
You can go for functionality instead of decoration. It can be a durable and long-lasting choice. However, there are many choices when you need solar lighting. You should choose solar lights depending on your needs. Apart from saving a lot of money, solar lights are reliable. They also help in conserving the environment.
Since solar lights come in different designs, colors, shapes, and sizes, you will always find the one that meets your needs.